The venom of poisonous animals is very toxic. The question arises, why is it so dangerous? The thing is that the poisonous substances of animals are incompatible with the human body, as a result of which various kinds of lesions arise.
The fauna is far from safe. Of course, you should not be afraid of a fluffy rabbit or a cute hamster, but there are much more unfriendly representatives of the fauna that can cause severe harm to humans, including poisonous animals, whose bites can lead to paralysis, suffocation, and even cardiac arrest. All these symptoms are caused by toxic substances that are produced in salivary and sexual secretions, or lymph and tissue fluids of the animal. They are not compatible with human metabolism, so the body's attempts to resist their effects lead to a very disastrous result. But not all poisonous animals are equally dangerous. So, these representatives of the animal world are divided into passive and active poisonous. Most representatives from the first group lack poisonous organs, as well as organs of active attack. The poisonous substance is produced in the lymph or on the hairs with secret glands. The harm from such a poison is insignificant: if a certain dose of a poisonous substance enters the skin, dermatitis may develop, if it enters the intestines, poisoning, and if the substance comes into contact with the eyes, conjunctivitis may appear. Some species of arthropods, fish and insects can be classified as passively poisonous representatives of the fauna. Actively poisonous animals pose a great threat to human health and life. They have special organs for the secretion of toxic substances, and these animals are extremely aggressive. Of these animals, snakes are considered especially dangerous. Poison in snakes is produced by the temporal salivary glands and serves as a means of protection for the animal. If you provoke a snake to attack, in the process of contact with the human body, the muscles of the snake press on the glands, which inject a certain dose of poison into the body. Depending on the type of snake and the amount of poison injected into the body, the degree of damage will be different. But, in any case, a person bitten by a snake definitely needs medical help.