Why You Can't Pick Mushrooms

Why You Can't Pick Mushrooms
Why You Can't Pick Mushrooms

Video: Why You Can't Pick Mushrooms

Video: 6 Reasons You Can't Find Morel Mushrooms 2022, November
Anonim

Mushrooms are a rather tasty and nutritious product, but they also have a great deal of deceit. Appetizing smell, attractive appearance and good taste do not say anything about their safety for the human body.

Why you can't pick mushrooms
Why you can't pick mushrooms

Even those mushrooms traditionally considered edible can become carriers of deadly poisons by absorbing them from the soil or atmosphere. This is due to the type of nutrition of mushrooms: they absorb various substances. Everything that is around, both harmful and useful, they actively absorb. Scientists conducted an experiment that compared the absorption of lead by a higher plant and a fungus. When a certain concentration of lead was reached in a plant, its consumption ceased and did not increase, while the fungus absorbed as much as there was a dangerous substance. Based on this, we can conclude that poisoning with traditionally edible mushrooms is far from a problem. It is possible to distinguish a poisoned edible mushroom from a pure one only in a laboratory, by conducting a chemical analysis. If you are afraid of the consequences of mushroom poisoning, and they can be the most severe: from acute kidney failure to coma and death, do not eat them. But, if you are very fond of mushrooms, you cannot live without them, then do not collect, but buy them in stores. Oyster mushrooms, champignons, and other mushrooms grown in artificial conditions are practically safe for humans. If picking mushrooms is your old hobby, which you simply cannot give up, even under the threat of your own life, follow some rules. Firstly, never pick mushrooms along highways, where there are landfills, in all those places where the presence of harmful substances in the soil and air is likely. Mushrooms that grow on stumps, such as honey mushrooms, absorb poison less than their counterparts growing on soil. You can not collect old, wormy, moldy mushrooms - they can release dangerous toxins. Poisonous mushrooms, or those that have become edible, as well as improperly prepared, ineptly preserved, can cause very great harm to the human body. In the process of exposure to toxins, metabolic processes in the body can be disrupted, the liver, kidneys, and the nervous system can be severely damaged. Cases of death or life-long disability after one serving of mushrooms are very common.

Popular by topic