Summer heat has a debilitating effect on both adults and children. However, it is much easier to carry in rural areas than in a city apartment. In such weather conditions, your home resembles a steam room in a Russian bath.
Summer heat can seriously harm your health. Hot walls additionally heat the air that enters the apartment from the open windows, and the use of an air conditioner provokes the development of colds.
However, you can still get rid of the heat in a city apartment. Try one of the following:
1. Take a cool shower approximately every 3-4 hours. You can get heatstroke without going outside - if you live in a panel house on one of the upper floors. Water treatments will help you cool down.
2. Drink at least 2.5-3 liters of water a day. Just not soda and low alcohol drinks. The sugar content of carbonated drinks is so high that lemonade will not quench your thirst. And drinking alcohol in the heat can cause irreparable harm to the body. Your choice is still water, green tea and herbal preparations, which are also incredibly healthy.
3. Choose the “right” curtains. Heavy curtains of dark colors made of velvet, silk and artificial materials will not help you overcome the stuffiness. Choose curtains made from natural linen in light colors - beige, white, yellow or orange.
4. Purchase a special reflective tape from a store. Stick it on those windows in the apartment that are on the sunny side.
5. Arrange ice plates or basins and bottles of cold water in a stuffy room. If your house has a fan, place the plates near it - this will help the room temperature drop much faster. If you want to preserve the effect for as long as possible, fill the basins with ice crushed with a blender.
6. Buy a humidifier. Air conditioners and fans can cause colds, rheumatism and sciatica. A humidifier works in a different way, but it also helps to cope with heat.