A bad purchase can seriously ruin your mood, but most items can be returned. But there are exceptions when sellers, on a completely legal basis, can refuse to exchange or return goods.
How to return an item to a seller
Situations in which it is required to return the goods to the seller do not have to be related to the presence of a marriage or defect in the purchase.
Sometimes the buyer can return a high-quality product to the store.
According to Russian law, you can issue an exchange or return for a product that did not suit the buyer by any criteria. For example, in shape or style, color.
The main thing is to have time to return the goods within 14 days. The buyer must keep receipts for the goods (merchandise or cash register). However, if they are not there, the buyer can refer to the testimony. When it comes to clothing, it should not be worn or show signs of exploitation. Also, the buyer must preserve the presentation (tags, packaging) and consumer properties of the goods.
In the field of e-commerce, the return policy is slightly different - goods purchased online can be returned within a week.
At the same time, if the seller does not have a similar product of a different size, it can be returned (in other cases, only the exchange of goods is allowed). The seller is obliged to return the money to the buyer within three days. The buyer can wait for the receipt of the same goods to the seller's warehouse.
List of goods that cannot be exchanged
However, these rules do not apply to every purchase. A government decree (the latest revision refers to 2012) defines a list of goods that cannot be returned and exchanged. The purpose of defining the list of these goods was to protect the interests of the seller and ensure the safety of future buyers.
Based on the rules of exchange and return, it is impossible to return used goods, goods without seals and labels, as well as those purchased more than two weeks ago.
The list of non-refundable includes 14 groups of goods.
1. Medicines and medical products. These are, for example, medical equipment and devices.
2. Goods for personal hygiene. So, it will not be possible to return a wig, curler, toothbrush or comb. Therefore, you should carefully approach their choice.
3. Perfumes and cosmetics. It turns out that if you do not like the smell of the presented perfume, you will not be able to return it.
4. Products measured in meters. These include wires, fabrics, flooring, building materials, braid, lace, etc.
5. Jerseys (underwear, hosiery, etc.) are not subject to return.
6. Polymer products that come into contact with food. These are, for example, dishes, container packaging, etc.
7. Household chemicals, chemicals and pesticides (for agriculture).
8. Furniture sets.
9. Jewelry with precious metals and stones, or semi-precious stones.
10. Cars, bicycles, motorcycles, trailers, yachts, agricultural machinery.
11. Products that are technically complex cannot be returned, even if they are defective. This rule applies if the deficiencies identified in them are not significant. These include, for example, televisions, cameras, gas equipment, machine tools.
12. Civilian weapons, their parts and ammunition.
13. Animals and plants will also have to be left behind, they cannot be returned.
14. Printed products and non-periodical publications (calendars, brochures, cartographic publications, books, booklets, atlases, albums, etc.).