One of the ways to instill in your child a love for water treatments is bathing with rubber toys. Funny figures give the kid joy, promote the development of thinking and fine motor skills. But, like everything that surrounds the child, rubber toys for bathing require special care from the parents.
Responsible mothers and fathers take the choice of toys for bathing very seriously - they study the safety of rubber, the quality of dyes, and the tightness of fastening parts. However, chemical poisoning or the possibility of a child swallowing part of a toy are not the most common hazards associated with a rubber bathing duck.
The fact is that most of these products have a hole in which water flows freely. Most often, after bathing, it remains there, and in fact a warm, dark and humid place is an ideal environment for the reproduction of pathogenic bacteria and the development of molds. Therefore, during the next bath, all this explosive mixture is poured out, freely gets on the skin and mucous membranes of the child, and together with the water vapor it is inhaled and deposited in the lungs.
If mold has nevertheless settled in the duck, it is better to throw it out, since it is completely difficult to destroy it, and spores survive in truly extreme conditions.
How to remove water from bath toys
To avoid the growth of mold inside rubber toys, it is necessary to create conditions under which fungi do not live. The main rule of caring for the items involved in the bathing process of the baby is their complete drying. Therefore, water must be removed from toys mechanically. That is, place the hole down in the palm of your hand and squeeze the product.
Unfortunately, not all toys can be emptied in this way. In this case, it is worth resorting to aids. For example, a disposable syringe can help - by placing its spout in the hole, you can pump out excess moisture. A regular lace is also useful - its end is placed inside a rubber bathing toy, and excess moisture itself flows out along the threads. It is important that the lace is made of cotton, this material is highly hygroscopic.
If the hole in the toy is large enough, you can rinse the cavity with a soda solution. And it is better to refuse to use special means for plumbing or washing surfaces - they are unsafe for a child.
If water does not pour out
Often, toy manufacturers carefully consider all aspects of child safety, but at the same time make annoying mistakes. As for rubber toys, their main disadvantages are too small a hole or the presence of a valve that prevents the free flow of water.
In this case, you can resort to a radical solution - using a scalpel or a thin knife to enlarge the hole in the toy. If you don't want to do this, you can store the product between baths in the freezer - bacteria do not live at temperatures below freezing. But mold spores cannot be killed in this way, they are only afraid of high temperatures.